
Journaling - I love the idea!
Really, I love only the idea of it because frankly, time isn't in abundance and I rarely want to give up family time or (should I be embarrassed to admit this? ) primetime TV to do it. I'm not one to retire early and curl up in bed with a good book or in this case a pen and pad and jot down my daily thoughts and activities.
It's sad really - I have five INCREDIBLE children (and I don't just say this - they really are for all intents and purposes some of THE best people to ever grace the planet) who do and say the most amazing things daily. I should record these things. I should because there is so much going on around me constantly and I'm so damned sleep deprived and busy all at once that by not writing things down, I inevitably forget. I mourn how much I cannot recall of these precious (and sometimes crazy) times. And so thus begins the Adventures in Scotown blog - a place where I can come periodically (while I'm already up online) and quickly type up an account of my days raising 3 sons and 2 daughters. All the joys, fears and tears that go along with motherhoood. And, maybe - just maybe along the way I may have some form of self discovery through this process. A refined idea of who I am as an individual instead of Shelley "the mom", "the wife" "the free maid". For those of you who are knee deep in parenting a young family - I'm sure you understand what I mean...
So, blogging will take the place (in the interim) of a pen and pad - the good old fashioned way of journaling and I will apologize in advance for those I bore and/or offend ( I tend to do that occasionally). Clearly, the work in progress will not only be this little piece of cyber space - but myself as well.
Really, I love only the idea of it because frankly, time isn't in abundance and I rarely want to give up family time or (should I be embarrassed to admit this? ) primetime TV to do it. I'm not one to retire early and curl up in bed with a good book or in this case a pen and pad and jot down my daily thoughts and activities.
It's sad really - I have five INCREDIBLE children (and I don't just say this - they really are for all intents and purposes some of THE best people to ever grace the planet) who do and say the most amazing things daily. I should record these things. I should because there is so much going on around me constantly and I'm so damned sleep deprived and busy all at once that by not writing things down, I inevitably forget. I mourn how much I cannot recall of these precious (and sometimes crazy) times. And so thus begins the Adventures in Scotown blog - a place where I can come periodically (while I'm already up online) and quickly type up an account of my days raising 3 sons and 2 daughters. All the joys, fears and tears that go along with motherhoood. And, maybe - just maybe along the way I may have some form of self discovery through this process. A refined idea of who I am as an individual instead of Shelley "the mom", "the wife" "the free maid". For those of you who are knee deep in parenting a young family - I'm sure you understand what I mean...
So, blogging will take the place (in the interim) of a pen and pad - the good old fashioned way of journaling and I will apologize in advance for those I bore and/or offend ( I tend to do that occasionally). Clearly, the work in progress will not only be this little piece of cyber space - but myself as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment