
We woke up to our first snow this morning. It was unexpected - it almost always is, isn't it? It was beautiful! The mountains are white and as majestic as ever - such a blessing to see. Of course, along with the blessing of such breathtaking scenery comes all of the discommode that winter weather brings. Cold, windy, wet weather. Vehicle windows encrusted with snow and ice. The need to bundle up requiring more time in the morning hours than my family often has to spare. Nevertheless, we endured and enjoyed and had 3 of our 4 school aged kids to school on time (sorry Leslie).
It amazes me how the whisperings of a mother to her children "Good morning! You need to look outside, we had snow last night!" can wake the deepest sleeping child bearing the gift of wide eyes and a large smile to that mother. Another blessing! I love the innocence of childhood. I love how the littlest of things are so adored and appreciated by children. I love the simplicity and hope that I someday find that again in myself.
The weather stuck a cord in me. I immediately longed for the smell of comfort food simmering in the house. Admittedly, I had (and have) zero desire to actually cook something that would omit such smell. That lack of interest comes, I guess, from being tired and still attempting to recuperate and reacclimate to my life since my return from Denver last week. I found a happy medium and will "Sandra Lee" the meal (for those who are unaware of the boobs-down-to-her-waist cook - she can be seen on Food Network's Semi-Homemade Cooking - a decent show, but mostly in an entertaining I-can't-believe-she's-making-ANOTHER-drink kind of way). This attempt will have the end result of that home-y, comforting smell fill the house as my children and husband return home after a long day of school and work :)
How can I add an entry today without addressing a monumental occasion that occurred just last night!? Barack Hussein Obama was voted into office. The first African American President of the United States of America. To watch history be made last night was incredible, for a lack of a better word. We did this as a family, watching the numbers trickle in. It was fantastic to see the response of the American people - out voting regardless of inclement weather and long lines. The highest voter response ever. More impressive to me - the concession speech given by John McCain. Such a gracious man who would have also made a good president and served his Country well in that capacity. Obama's speech was inspiring and gracious , paying tribute and support to McCain and the service given to his Country. I have no doubt that Obama will make a good President and lead the American people in a positive direction. For those unhappy with the outcome of the election - the negative comments and ill feelings should really come to a quick end. How about the principal of loyal opposition? It is the concept that one can be opposed to the actions of the government or ruling party of the day without being opposed to the constitution of the political system. Just some food for thought.
Well, I have just about an hour before I need to pick the kiddlets up from school and drop Leslie off to dance. I should make some use of this time, get dinner started and get the never ending pile of laundry worked on some more.
'till next time...
It amazes me how the whisperings of a mother to her children "Good morning! You need to look outside, we had snow last night!" can wake the deepest sleeping child bearing the gift of wide eyes and a large smile to that mother. Another blessing! I love the innocence of childhood. I love how the littlest of things are so adored and appreciated by children. I love the simplicity and hope that I someday find that again in myself.
The weather stuck a cord in me. I immediately longed for the smell of comfort food simmering in the house. Admittedly, I had (and have) zero desire to actually cook something that would omit such smell. That lack of interest comes, I guess, from being tired and still attempting to recuperate and reacclimate to my life since my return from Denver last week. I found a happy medium and will "Sandra Lee" the meal (for those who are unaware of the boobs-down-to-her-waist cook - she can be seen on Food Network's Semi-Homemade Cooking - a decent show, but mostly in an entertaining I-can't-believe-she's-making-ANOTHER-drink kind of way). This attempt will have the end result of that home-y, comforting smell fill the house as my children and husband return home after a long day of school and work :)
How can I add an entry today without addressing a monumental occasion that occurred just last night!? Barack Hussein Obama was voted into office. The first African American President of the United States of America. To watch history be made last night was incredible, for a lack of a better word. We did this as a family, watching the numbers trickle in. It was fantastic to see the response of the American people - out voting regardless of inclement weather and long lines. The highest voter response ever. More impressive to me - the concession speech given by John McCain. Such a gracious man who would have also made a good president and served his Country well in that capacity. Obama's speech was inspiring and gracious , paying tribute and support to McCain and the service given to his Country. I have no doubt that Obama will make a good President and lead the American people in a positive direction. For those unhappy with the outcome of the election - the negative comments and ill feelings should really come to a quick end. How about the principal of loyal opposition? It is the concept that one can be opposed to the actions of the government or ruling party of the day without being opposed to the constitution of the political system. Just some food for thought.
Well, I have just about an hour before I need to pick the kiddlets up from school and drop Leslie off to dance. I should make some use of this time, get dinner started and get the never ending pile of laundry worked on some more.
'till next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment